Monday, July 17, 2006

I think that life is a journey....and where that journey ends is up to us. We have this all loving God that when I think I begin to understand where he's taking me, He throws up a detour sign and I end up somewhere's else. This journey we're on is truley an adventure, and whether or not we choose to ackknowledge it, there are forces that try to keep disguising the way to our final destination. I want to be a great boyfriend, a great friend, a great brother, a great son, a great father, and a great husband, and all the pieces are here for me to be all of those things, but how often do I ignore them? The only way to being any of the aforementioned is through constantly trying to become more and more like Christ, but how hard do I try? Not very, so it would seem to me. I want to be so much more like Christ and I want it to be so obvious of my love for God through my actions/words of love that it's unmistakable to the naked eye of where I stand...but have I even come close to hitting that mark? Of all the things that I know I should do, time with God is one of them...probly the biggest. I love my girlfriend so deeply and passionately, but for however much I love her, I love God that much more. So why don't I give Him the courtesy of my time? Because it's so much easier for me not to go before the one person that sees me at the very core of how I'm made. I believe that I'm scared to go so deep and see what it is that God wants me to release to Him. I'm so scared of hearing that I may have missed the point, or done something so boneheaded that there's no turning back...and just when all these thoughts start hitting the fan and I feel like I'm trapped, I realize that He loves me regardless. No matter what I do, there's this amazing, loving God waiting for me, just patiently waiting for me to come home. I know this is probly a longer and more raw look into who I am than I usually feel comfortable giving. Welcome to my journey. I love my God, my family, and my girlfriend. Just in case your interested, welcome to my life...my adventure.

No comments: