Saturday, October 14, 2006

Stay Classy, San Diego

So here I am…San Diego. Where I’m staying doesn’t have wireless. Not a huge deal, but once you get used to such a commodity, you almost feel naked without it. Speaking of naked, I’ve got nothing to tie in to such a point…although I might buy a wireless router, if’n I can find an apple store around here (kinda hard cuz I don’t have a wireless connection). Anywho, I woke up according to the time that I usually do based on the central time zone, which is usually around 7:30 or so…which means that I woke up at 5:30 pacific time. Sucks, I know. So I tried to sleep for an hour and seemingly failed, and at 6:30 I called my dad. Then I went outside and read for about an hour. I love mornings…I wish that I enjoyed more of them. The day hasn’t yet had a chance to take a turn for the worse. How cynical is that thought? Ever get that thought running and just let it go? It’s not a good thing. The day is ruined when you give that thought free reign on your mind. I think that’s why God tells us to capture our thoughts and be very wary of what goes on in our intellectual realm. One thought can ruin a day…a year…a decade…it can make us get up in the morning and go to bed at night. Who knew that one thought could be so inspiring and so destructive.
I love writing. I really feel that God begins to reveal things to me when I write. I wish that I did it more. Such is life, I would imagine…or at least the American view of how life should be. Too busy to live. Somewhere along the line, I decided to buy into this way of life…hasn’t payed off so much. In being too busy to live life, I challenge my relationships with everyone to push a line farther than was ever meant to be pushed. In some cases, I’ve even pushed people away…how does that work? How is it that we can justify pushing people away in pursuit of employment? Sub-ponder: why is it that every time I begin to draw lines between work and life that more attempts are made to blur that line further than previously has been blurred? My answer: War. We’re at war. You, me, war. It’s a life that we’ve been born in to whether or not we realize it. For every advancement that I make in my spiritual life, there’s an opposing force there to meet me with equal and opposite force against whatever steps I may have taken. Newton sure hit that one on the head…makes you wonder if maybe he was talking less about physics and more about life, you know? Either way, I leave you with this. No matter what life throws at you, it’s never as bad as you think it is…when you’re in the middle of the storm, you’re too scared to see the beauty of what’s being orchestrated on around you.

No comments: