Thursday, September 14, 2006

Humbling or humiliating...

So this week I hit a never-thought-pre-kids-reachable low: Lice. That's right, This past weekend, we found lice in my hair. Well, let me clarify: we found eggs in my hair. This experience has been a living hell. Ironically enough, Derek went through a class this week that talked about one of the seven plagues back in Moses' was lice. And I must say...it is a nightmare. And it's freaking expensive. Today was my first egg-free day. This entire week I've wasted being angry and bitter and resentfull and I've gotta say that I don't know whether it was worth it. Sometimes I think we're put through situations where we feel humiliated and we waste all of our time focusing on the one thing that we could've done different or if we would've known this or feel that...in reality it's just a humbling thing to have to go through. I got lice because I gave a 3 year old boy a hug and chose to show him love. His sisters have been getting called names on the bus. This whole ordeal has been a huge pain in the rump and I haven't slept well in a week, thus making it that much harder. But if this is the way God chose to show members of a family that people love and care, even through thick and thin, then I can only praise God for giving me a chance to take part. Thank You, Father.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

right on bro!
: )

Ali said...

wow, I must say I didn't know a story about lice could be so moving. But that's pretty cool. (By the way I'm BJ's friend from STL) Congrats on being egg free!